22 Aug Technical Operations Manager – Africa
REPORTS TO: Africa Regional Director
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
COMPENSATION: According to experience
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Technical Operations Manager.” Please submit your application by 30th September 2016. Early applications encouraged
MicroEnergy Credits (MEC) offers a rare opportunity to work in a lean, fast growing, early stage company in the social enterprise space. The Technical Operations Manager will report to the Africa Regional Director.
- As Technical Operations Manager you will keep products flowing to customers and information flowing to stakeholders like a well-oiled machine.
- You will leverage technology to automate manual processes, and manage a scalable operation.
- You will readily master MECs cloud based supply chain logistics and carbon tracking technology, while implementing customizations that you develop and code yourself.
- You will be the primary liaison between MEC’s field operations and its hard core coders.
- You will ensure that orders are received, booked and fulfilled in a timely manner.
- You will identify exceptions to existing processes, develop solutions, and automate them
- You will work closely with the order fulfillment team to identify opportunities to improve processes
- You will work closely with the development team to prioritize improvements.
- You will optimize transport contracts, routes, and services for product delivery
- You are a highly motivated self-starter and problem solver with a strong social mission.
- You have 5+ years’ experience working in operations, logistics, program management or IT development.
- You have strong IT skills, including strong Excel skills, database use, and familiarity with mobile data collection and customer communication. This may include basic programming education or experience.
- You have excellent English verbal and written communications, and the ability to communicate clearly in English over phone and Skype with multinational team
- You have superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail, combined with a highly organized work style
- You are a strategic, systems thinker and you have process design experience
- You have the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You thrive working in a small, rapidly-growing organization
The MEC Technical Operations Manager will receive a living stipend which will enable them to live comfortably. The primary benefit of the role is the opportunity to gain valuable field experience while building a record of concrete accomplishment in the field of microfinance and clean energy. The Manager will be able to see a lasting and scalable social impact as a result of their one year commitment. The Manager will also build a network of relationships with future leaders at the nexus of microfinance, clean technology, and social finance. The Manager will be eligible for consideration for future employment and growth opportunities at MEC.
About MicroEnergy Credits
MicroEnergy Credits is a social enterprise that enables greater access to clean energy for poor people around the world by tapping the carbon market to expand access to capital. By helping microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide microloans for clean energy technologies, those in the greatest need can purchase solar lighting for their home or business and smoke-free stoves for their kitchens. With financing, clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC is a fast-moving, innovative team which leverages global trends and advancements in mobile platforms, mobile money, social media, and technology to streamline financial, product delivery, and after sales operations.