22 Sep Climate and Sustainability Manager, Africa (based in Nairobi, Kenya)
REPORTS TO: Africa Regional Director
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya
COMPENSATION: Dependent on experience
How to Apply
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Africa Climate and Sustainability.” Please submit your application by 15th October 2016. Early applications encouraged
MicroEnergy Credits (MEC) offers a rare opportunity to grow a global portfolio of carbon emissions reductions created by microentrepreneurs investing in clean energy. The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Carbon Project Certification:
- Support the certification process for MEC’s portfolio
- Develop and update MEC’s CPA-PDD (s)
- Leverage technical capabilities of consultants, certifying bodies, and carbon offtaker.
- Develop sampling plans, Emission reduction sheets and Monitoring Reports.
Carbon Client Relationship Management:
- Participate with carbon offtakers as needed in carbon credit marketing activities
- Develop and streamline communications to all carbon partners.
Carbon Business Development:
- Grow and diversify MEC’s carbon offtake pipeline
- Support in generating MEC’s carbon marketing materials
- Work with MEC’s offtake partners to maintain issuance and delivery agreements.
- Work with field team to register and issue carbon credits from their programs
- Work with field team to ensure compliance with carbon program requirements
- Work with field team of new partners to get inclusion audit done
- Provide input to the technology team to refine MEC’s ability to streamline carbon transactions
- Complete monitoring and support in audits in a timely manner
Between 30-50% travel to project sites to complete carbon origination tasks. Travel is expected to be high during monitoring/audit.
Training will be provided on some of the above aspects.
- 2 + years carbon origination experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- PDD development experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel skill sets-
- Ability to work in a decentralized, global team
- Demonstrated self starter, problem solver, team player, and social mission-oriented
- Knowledge of microfinance, clean energy, the carbon markets, internet and mobile phone technology, social enterprise, Africa
Dependent on experience
About MicroEnergy Credits
MicroEnergy Credits is a social enterprise that enables greater access to clean energy for poor people around the world by tapping the carbon market to expand access to capital. By helping microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide microloans for clean energy technologies, those in the greatest need can purchase solar lighting for their home or business and smoke-free stoves for their kitchens. With financing, clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC is a fast-moving, innovative team which leverages global trends and advancements in mobile platforms, mobile money, social media, and technology to streamline financial, product delivery, and after sales operations.