08 Jul Carbon Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Climate and Sustainability Director
LOCATION: Mumbai, India
COMPENSATION: commensurate with experience
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Carbon Operations Manager”.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- The MEC Carbon Data Manager role is a rare opportunity to work in the field at the forefront of clean energy, microfinance, and the mobile industry.
- You will be exposed to MEC’s clean energy operations at the global headquarters in Mumbai as well as on site throughout rural areas in India.
- You will manage complex data handling and operational challenges to ensure that MEC’s Carbon program meets key product and financial milestones.
- You will lead innovative technology projects for MEC global and MEC’s finance institution partners.
- You will work with various stakeholders, including financial institutions, clean energy product companies, and the United Nations.
- You will have the opportunity to create and foster relationships with leaders in the fast-growing mobile industry in India.
- Your goal will be to successfully design and implement technology and data processes based projects at MEC headquarters or a financial institution, as well as maintain and update carbon models (both in excel and MEC’s proprietary software)
- You will be exposed to and work closely with leaders in clean energy, finance, and mobile industries.
- Data Analysis and Presentation:
- Manage data processes, inputs, and analysis for carbon monetization and financial partner programs.
- Create and maintain forecast models for board, investors, carbon purchasers, and team presentations.
- Project Design and Implementation:
- As a key member of the MEC Carbon team, manage monitoring, auditing, and reporting for the on-time issuance of carbon credits accrued by MEC partner institutions.
- Manage data collection, formatting, scrubbing, and analysis with all carbon partners.
- Design and implement technology and/or communication projects specific to a clean energy program and/or MEC global operations.
- Leverage growing trends and advancements in finance, mobile phones, mobile money, digitization, and social media to better reach Indian households with clean energy technologies.
- Design and use creative avenues to roll out carbon communications to MEC’s various channels: microfinance institutions at headquarters and in the rural areas of operations, investors, and carbon purchasers.
- Collaborate with MEC’s Finance Team to maintain and update carbon models.
- Collaborate with MEC’s Carbon Team on logistics for carbon monitoring and verification auditor site visits.
- Collaborate with the MEC team to create solutions to improve outreach, rural marketing, last-mile delivery, data collection, and clean energy awareness.
- Stakeholder relations:
- Microfinance institutions
- Designated Operational Entities (auditors)
- Clean energy manufacturers and distributors
- Government agencies
- Mobile industry
- Social media
- Strong knowledge and interest in carbon offsets and the carbon markets, finance, clean energy, social enterprise, internet and mobile phone technology;
- Bachelors’ degree;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft excel and Stata;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Polished Word, PowerPoint and Access skill sets;
- Ability to work in a decentralized, global team;
- Demonstrated self starter, problem solver, team player, and social mission-oriented.
- Knowledge of or basic programming or SQL skills;
- Master’s degree (MBA, economics, climate science or other related fields) or higher;
- Experience conducting monitoring and evaluation in rural areas;
- Interest and passion for environmental issues and clean energy promotion.
MEC Carbon Operations Manager will be compensated commensurate with experience and relevant skills. All work travel and expenses are covered.
About MicroEnergy Credits
MicroEnergy Credits is a social enterprise that enables greater access to clean energy for poor people around the world by tapping the carbon market to expand access to capital. By helping microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide microloans for clean energy technologies, those in the greatest need can purchase solar lighting for their home or business and smoke-free stoves for their kitchens. With financing, clean energy technologies become more affordable than wood or fossil fuels while offering a cleaner, safer and more efficient energy source. More than 3 million people have already adopted clean energy as a result of MEC’s financing program in Asia and Africa.
MEC is a fast-moving, innovative team which leverages global trends and advancements in mobile platforms, mobile money, social media, and technology to streamline financial, product delivery, and after sales operations.